Sunday, July 3, 2011

Moving UP!!!!

So, the move has been VERY eventful!! I shouldn't complain I guess since we all made it to Tennessee safely, but there is one thing that I would like to share.
I ordered a couch off of eBay from a company in Florida. They were very nice and it was delieved Friday, which was great since I had nowhere to sit in the new place. The problem occurred when it was delivered because it was delivered through a shipping company.. Shipping companies are not responsible for getting the merchandise into the residence, they are not going to help set it up, and if it gets dirty that is not their problem. So, thankfully I had three guys there to help and the driver was nice enough to help too, but it had to go up three flights of stairs and be squeezed through two doors. So they unwrapped the cream sofa and pushed it through two doors and their dirty hand prints were all over my new cream sofa. I was devastated!!!! So, my wonderful precious mother calmed me down and we went to Publix and bought some fabric spot remover, S-32, and all the hand prints came out fine.
Me life lesson that I wanted to pass on to y'all is... if you buy something online make sure you call the company and ask them if they are going to ship it directly to you or do they ship it to a moving company who will come and install it in your home and make sure that it is free of any blemishes.
I learned my lesson the hard way and I don't want y'all to go through what I went through. But, all in all the sofa is great and there are no dirty spots on it thanks to the worlds GREATEST mother!! :)

1 comment: